Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Paris Nice Stage Two

A breakaway ruined the sprinters chances and Pellizoti gets the stage and keeps the early season ball rolling for Liquigas who are having a hell of a season. They and Lampre have to be front runners for a Milan San Remo win. Frank Shleck is best placed of my picks 23 seconds back. Leiphemer at 26 and Mayo 52 seconds back. I had predicted a breakaway to define tomorrow's stage and I will stand by that even though the sprinters teams will have to try and do something before the big hills come. Sammy Sanchez at only 15 seconds back could be a threat and can Millar pull it back?
Tirreno-Adriatico starts tomorrow and my heart wants a win for CSC and Jens but it's hard to call. Plenty of Italian heavy hitters are there Pozzatto,Garzelli, Basso, Cioni, etc -but who is looking to improve form and who is hunting for the win? My guess is Garzelli and Cioni would be on the hunt. I am going to throw down a far fetched TA podium of Voigt,Janez Brajkovic, and Garzelli with revenge stages for O'Grady and Bettini. Can't be any worse than my March Madness picks.

For my cycling stories check this link

No comments: