Wednesday, February 24, 2010

countdown to het volk


In the days leading up to Het Volk (and I will always call it Het Volk. Not cause I'm old school, but because I refuse to type Het Nieuwsblad every time I mention the race). This race was always a motivator for me. A preview of things to come in April.....
I will start of with 2009. Cervelo kill it and Rabobank blow it. Great Race. I have watched this a lot on the trainer.
With a new finish and Kuurne Brussel Kuurne moved to the following day there are some new factors in the race. Also the weather seems to be less hosptiable than past years(2004 excepted) Sky and BMC have some pressure on them as they have something to prove and riders good enough to make it happen. Steegmans seems to continue his slide into oblivan, and won't be racing.

One of my favorite parts of the Belgian races are the coverage of the "course recon"
First blood goes to Quickstep. Here and here. With plenty more to follow, I hope.
So with 4 days to go, hats off to 2009 winner Thor. Can Cervelo do it again?

and don't forget KBK on Sunday

No comments: