Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fairies Wear Boots




Rushing home from work, throwing on the full winter gear, and rushing out the door trying to squeeze in the maximum ride with the minimum daylight is a challenge. My shoe covers were crusted with sand and ice from the last time I rode and really looked like some dusty boots that Richie Blackmore should have been wearing, but there is no time to spruce up, just time to start pedaling.
Left with very little to focus on during this post work training ride, I found my mind drifting to the steady beat of my frog light as daylight faded away. Thinking about my dirty boots my mind locked into an endless loop of Faeries wear Boots. I cannot wait until I can blast home from work and only worry about finding a jersey that doesn't stink and not having to worry about leg warmers,booties, caps, gloves, etc. Maybe even enjoy some commuting to work without an 18lb backpack full of clothes. Soon but not soon enough

No comments: