Saturday, April 19, 2008

Amstel Predicitions

Amstel is a twitchy race on tight roads with a lot of short climbs. Gerolsteiner have 2 candidates in Schumacher and Rebellin, but I think we may see some young guns come to the fore. Shleck, Ricco, Visconti, Terpesta, or T.Dekker for example.
Will Cunego show some pre-Giro form? Very Italian to have success here in the hillier classics.
You can't count out Rabo with the Spanish armada of Flecha and Friere-they can win it from a break or in a sprint.
Astana have to win every race they can get into and they have a chance with Gusev who is always in the hunt, but most of their team will be focused on the TOG.
I like Ricco, Gilbert, and Freire for the podium. Rounding out the top five with Visconti and a Schelck. I think I might regret not throwing Chavenel in the mix.
Hopefully we will see who is ready for La Fleche and LBL!
Not to mention TOG, Sea Otter, Giro de Trentino, and one of my favorites the Tro-Bro Leon on 04/20.

No comments: