Thursday, October 9, 2008

Life of Crime



I heard this for the first time on the Laughing Hyenas record of the same name. Wasn't a huge fan of early LA punk. Too arty for my tastes, and anyway the Weirdos were dropping Condor in 1990 which was competing with too much crucial music to get a lot of spins. Fugazi Repeater for example. Thankfully some cheap bootlegs introduced me to the brilliance that is the early Weirdos. Life of Crime, Neutron Bomb, Solitary Confinement Destroy all Music. These are fucking classics. Unlike a lot of the more arty shit their contemporaries were playing, elements of the Weirdos sound were pretty much Incorporated into the classic Cali punk sound.
And by more arty shit, I of course mean this....


I never would have checked for this video if I hadn't namechecked Kickboy Face in the last post about economics.

1 comment:

Ur Trommler said...

hey - i was blown away to actually play a gig with the weirdos during a trip to LA with the 'shot back in '90! the other guys were not as blown away as i was, but it was a real honor!!!