Sunday, December 28, 2008
best cycling moments of 08
1. Cancellara (Eroica, Milan San Remo, Tirreno, Bronze in Olympic RR, Gold in TT). Able to attack at will and win as well. Wants to win all the monuments...Is Flanders next on the list?
2. Planes de Corones time trial. Finally an epic Giro stage works out...
3. Boonen's acceleration at Roubaix. That was sick.
4.Devolders attack and win at Flanders
4. First week of tour-so much better than the usual prologue/sprint/sprint/sprint.
5. Sastre wins the tour. Attack on Alpe D'Huez!. Finally Sastre gets the win.
6. Voigt on the tourmelat. CSC in general at the tour
7. Spain dominates Olympics. Finally Sanchez gets a big win.
8.Ballan gets the win at the Worlds! Forza Italia!
9.Slipstream TTT in the Giro, Vandevelde in the Tour, Maaskant in Roubaix. Lots of high points for them.
10. Cavendish. He may look like a monkey, but man can he sprint.
1.Ricco turns out to be a fucking scummy drug bag (ditto for Piepoli,Schumacher, Kohl, and the rest)
2.Bettini denied at Olympics. Bad season for him in general.
3.Spain blows it at the Worlds. Valverde is about as dependable as Hincapie.
I am sure I will think of a few more, but those stand the test of time. A memorable year for sure.