Sunday, February 1, 2009

Jour Sans


Don't want to gloat, but I called Albert's win a couple weeks ago. Belgium gets 2/3rds of the podium, 3 out of 5 in the top five and six in the top ten. The whole team finished in the top twenty. Damn. That is a smack down. Stybar's second is even more impressive in light of this. Boom was off, but he is young. Will Rabo shift him to road full time or let him try for revenge next year??
Much like Boom, I had a bad day on the bike. A day without... the jour sans. Sometimes when the French get it right, the get it right. I was convinced the bike was broken, but I think it is me. It felt colder than it was, and if I had waited an hour or so and hooked up with Billy, it might have been a different story. Hopefully its true that these rides lay the foundation for a good spring and summer. I think I am just hating cause my indoor to outdoor riding ration is like 1 to 5 or 1 to six. Definitely need to HTFU. Might be more excited about the halftime show than the game.
Thankfully I have not seen any "boom, boom out go the lights" headlines yet.
Time to heat up the 5 layer dip and drown my sorrows.
Picture above is an example of an F on homework. My cross bike was crusted with filth to an embarrassing level. I thought about just burying it in the snow and letting the spring thaw do the cleaning, but I am planning on racing it in two weekends. Nice use of the snowbank as a wheel stand. Gotta stay up on the maintenance or else!

No comments: