Saturday, April 11, 2009

Roubaix! Roubaix! Roubaix!



It's that special weekend. Even though I have been enjoying Tour of Flanders more the last few years, Roubaix is the undisputed Queen of the Classics. Who doesn't get excited for it? Waking up to rain this morning was made more bearable by the fact that it was the Roubaix weekend. Het Volk dropped a photo series of training days.
Quicksteps throwback kit is 100 times radder than the too much white they are normally rocking. Too bad they can't switch it up for the whole year.
Lotto gets to ride special Aluminum Canyons for Roubaix? Tell me that is not punishment. No carbon til you get back on a podium!

Boonen, Flecha,Maaskant. That's my three. As much sentimental as anything.

This year I have developed a soft spot for GH and despite all the evidence and past performance, I would be happy if he won. Just don't think it will happen, but if it does the bizzaro world podium will be-Hincapie,Hoste, Pozatto. Everything will be shook up if big GH is on the top step.

I think the Cervelo TT domination will be coming to and end. At least it better unless they want to be the new Gewiss or something.

No comments: