Monday, March 19, 2007

I destroyed your love parts one and two 45


Baed on the song title, I was hoping for something like KISS, but that was not to be. Somewhere Prince and Hall and Oates wrote a song together and magically delivered it to Special Delivery who put out "I destroyed your love" parts one and two on mainstream records. A mid tempo tear jerker with a spoken interlude on part two. Nice high vocals and some harmonies. Some of the falsetto work has a over the top Prince feel while the music and harmonies are total Hall and Oates. I will leave it to you to decide if that is good or bad, but it was not what I was expecting at all. Slow Jam at a high school dance. A Red Lion production from 1975 on Mainstream records. Terry Huff is the writer and Van McCoy is listed for publishing.

No comments: