Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tirreno Adriatico Wrap UP

Kloden gets the overall win for Astana at Tirenno-Adriatico. This race was once again plagued by crashes. Also an odd race when a not so svelte Salvetorre Comeesso wins the "mountains" competition. Milan San Remo comes up this weekend as well as a few smaller Belgian races.
My picks did better in this race than in Paris Nice, but I have yet to get a podium spot. Full results aren't out yet, but I think I've got 2 in the top 10

In more charitable cycling news, I saw this website mentioned over at Velonews. Worldbicyclerelief Looks like a worthwhile way to help people. Just cash not bike donations

But let's not forget about local heroes Bikes Not Bombs in JP who have been doing something similar for S.America and Boston. BNB's takes old bikes and parts and has local kids learn to fix them. The repaired bikes then go to S. America. Kids who work on bikes can also earn a bike of their own. Sweat Equity.

And for the "I believe Tyler" contingent, he will be racing the Tour of Gergia next month.

No comments: